[fpc-devel] darwin - rtl include files

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue May 16 15:51:43 CEST 2006

> marcov at stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:
> > > I guess FPC_USE_LIBC is disabled for this target,
> > > Where is the mistake?
> >
> > See above. Jonas choose to only implement FPC_USE_LIBC for Darwin.
>
> Thanks.
> AFAIK darwin has a libc, but FPC does not provide a unit for it.

FPC doesn't provide a unit for libc at all. BaseUnix/Unix etc define what
you get, and how that unit is implemented is not defined, dynlibs the same
for shared libs etc.

In practice there are two basic implementations; syscalls and getting access
to the needed functions by linking to libc.

> Right? And the FPC_USE_LIBC is set for all rtl sources under darwin.

Yes. Note that it can also be set for Linux and FreeBSD (though that might
require some minimal maintainance)

> Right?

Yes. But I still have no clue what you are exactly looking for. Maybe I
could give you more direct hints if you said what you actually need :-)

see also (the bit outdated) docs I made while working on the unix rtl:
http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/unixrtl.pdf
http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf
http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/porting.pdf

> Is there a somewhere a list of the flags set in the FPC sources?

No. Not like that. They often change.