[fpc-devel] space char inside identifier's name

Bisma Jayadi bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Sat Mar 25 11:49:09 CET 2006

> It doesn't look like joke anymore, so I ask: in what aspect (except
> double double quotes) the space sign is different from the underline sign?

In most cases when we write codes by hand, I know this feature is almost
useless. But for automated or generated codes like example I had given in
another email, this feature will help alot.

> And if it is, why don't use arbitrary length names with carriage returns,
> pictures, music and videos: just use url as the name... (fast
> connection required for compiling)

You don't need to hyperbola my suggestion. Everybody knows we don't need those
inside an identifier name, those are not even a name by the way. Name is a text,
and most people (except programmers) can't understand why a space char can't be
accepted as part of a name.

This is just a suggestion anyway, it means can be accepted or rejected. I can
accept any conclusion/decision from the FPC core development team. So, you don't
need to over-react your responds. Just give your reasonable arguments, no matter
you're agree or disagree with me. :)

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at
http://beeography.wordpress.com