[fpc-devel] fpcmake keeps failing

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 11:41:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am new to fpcmake and the Makefile.fpc format.  I tried to read the
docs and see if I can find any problems, but nothing I can see.
fpcmake keeps telling me that the rtl package is not found.
I run under Linux i386.  I am trying to compile with FPC 2.1.1 but I
have FPC 2.0.2 installed as well.

I set the following evironment variables before I ran make, so that it
finds the correct FPC version.

export FPC=/opt/fpc-2.1.1/bin/ppc386
export FPCDIR=/opt/fpc-2.1.1
also added /opt/fpc-2.1.1/bin to the PATH so it finds the correct fpcmake.

----------  Console Output  ------------------
graemeg at graemeg-laptop:~/programming/fpgfx/src$ make install
INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/fpc-2.1.1 make -C x11 all
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/graemeg/programming/fpgfx/src/x11'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/graemeg/programming/fpgfx/src/x11'
/opt/fpc-2.1.1/bin/fpcmake -p -Tlinux Makefile.fpc
Processing Makefile.fpc
Error: Target "linux", package "rtl" not found
make: *** [fpc_install] Error 1
----------------------------

----------------   Makefile.fpc   -------------------
[package]
name=fpgfx
version=0.2

[require]
packages=rtl fcl

[target]
units=gfxbase geldirty gelimage
rsts=gfxbase
dirs_linux=x11
dirs_freebsd=x11
dirs_netbsd=x11
dirs_win32=win32gdi

[compiler]
sourcedir=emulayer
targetdir=.
options=-S2h

[install]
fpcpackage=y

Hope someone can spot something here that I am missing...
I can compile the code using a Lazarus Package, so there is nothing
wrong in the code.

The source directory layout can be seen in CVS. Have a look at
   http://www.freepascal.org/fpgfx/cvs.html
for how to access it.

Quick layout:

  /src