[fpc-devel] Forum Integration

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 00:33:15 CEST 2006

Hello,

I would like to propose merging the forums as the next initiative to
bring Free Pascal and Lazarus closer.

Some questions on Lazarus forum acctually belong to free pascal, and I
think that this would make both forums better. Perhaps we can find a
way to copy the current free pascal messages to lazarus forum, or
create a new forum and copy the messages of both to it.

The current Lazarus forum has some issues, like:

* lot´s of people can´t register (has this being solved yet?). We need
to solve this in order to force people to register before posting,
because there have being too many spam attacks.

* Bad organization of the topics. You will notice that forums such as
Misc or General have a lot more posts then the others. This shows that
the topics are badly organized.

But still I think it´s better then Free Pascal forum. It´s just too
hard to find the latest posts (not only the 5 latest, but the latest
on every section) on free pascal forum.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho