[fpc-devel] Array with char index could not compile

Пётр Косаревский ppkk at mail.ru
Thu Jul 6 16:57:25 CEST 2006

> I have troubles with compiling array with char index that uses
> cyrillic characters.

As you use unicode, you could index it from 0 to 10FFFF and access like my_array[char_to_code(char_itself_or_string_or_array_to_take_char_from_the_beginning)].

If I get it right, widechar is word, char is byte, and everything else is fiction (id est: may misguide).

I personally use dynamic arrays of byte/word/longword to store utf-8/utf-16/utf-32 strings and count characters in them (or check if they are legitimate unicode strings) with self-written functions.