[fpc-devel] sqldb lazarus component

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Dec 21 11:18:25 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 09:57 +0100, alvise.nicoletti at siteland.it wrote:
> I did the 3 points you said, and got a lot rows like this from windows
> command line:
> Processing unmaintained/mysql/Makefile.fpc
>  i386-linux requires: rtl,mysql
>  powerpc64-linux requires: rtl,mysql
>  Writing Makefile

Those are normal

> After that i did a "make" having this errors:
> Error makefile 2676: Command syntax error
> Error makefile 2983: Command syntax error
> *** 1426 errors during make ***

Those also, if you use the make version from 'Borland', but you have to
use the make provided by fpc. You can (temporarily) remove delphi from
your part-settings, or place the directory of fpc before delphi in your
path-string. Or you could simply remove the make.exe (or rename it) from
Borland, as you'll probably never use(d) it.

> I'm using lazarus "recompiled for wince", found on that link:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Windows_CE_Interface

In this page you can also find out how to compile fpc and lazarus
yourself. The step where you are now, is step 3 in thin link:
http://www.freepascal.org/wiki/index.php/WinCE_port

> I didn't compiled it myself, i'm not that good ;)

Well, you have to learn. It's not that hard, you can find a lot on
information about it on the wiki.

> About the second part of your mail, in components\sqldb i found in the
> makefile.fpc "LCL_PLATFORM=win32"
> Is it good to modify it at hand and try to "make" it?

That's useless as long as fpc isn't recompiled. But you can do that
afterwards, yes.

Regards,
  Joost.