[fpc-devel] FPC 2.0.4 is out!

peter green plugwash at P10Link.net
Tue Aug 29 18:46:19 CEST 2006

> I would love to be a maintainer and build .deb files, however I do not
> own a 64 bit CPU and can't afford one at the moment because it would
> also mean a new motherboard and RAM too, so that crosses me out pretty
> much. In fact, I really would love to see Free Pascal packages in the
> Ubuntu universe repositories in the future.
the source package is already there. The problem is that the autobuilders can't build it (because of the recursive build dep issue) and there seem to be very few people who have permission to upload manually built packages in ubuntu.

IMO it would be a good idea to restructure the debian packaging of fpc to include starting compilers as part of the source. What do others think?