[fpc-devel] FPC compiles malformed code

Michael Müller mueller_michael at nikocity.de
Thu Aug 24 12:45:09 CEST 2006

Am 24.08.2006 um 04:04 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:

>> Maybe because pascal is insensitive to whitespace between tokens.
>>
>> You also can write:
>>    lData.Name:='Graeme';
>> and
>>    lData.Name := 'Graeme';
>
> I understood that as: between the symbols etc... eg; := or = or ,
> Never thought that would mean between a Class and a property/function.
>
> Interesting but looks damn weird...  :-)

And this seems to be the reason why the 'JCL Delphi Language Style
Guide' claim in section '4.2.2 Blanks should not be used' (http://
homepages.borland.com/jedi/jcl/documents/styleguide.html#4.2.2):
'Before or after a .(dot) operator.'
So  in general this seems to be permitted by Pascal/Delphi.

Regards

Michael