[fpc-devel] Bug: compilation loop in 2.0.2 when using -So

Konstantin Münning konstantin at muenning.com
Thu Aug 17 17:49:16 CEST 2006

Hello!

I tried again to use 2.0.x compiler (am still using mostly 1.0.10) and
encountered a bug which seems to be unknown (according to bugtracker and
mailing list) yet.

When compiling a unit which uses some RTL unit (I tried only a few) in
its IMPLEMENTATION section with -So, the unit is compiled over and over
again. Here sample files:

----------
UNIT bug;
 INTERFACE
 IMPLEMENTATION
  USES Baseunix;
END.
----------
UNIT ok;
 INTERFACE
  USES Baseunix;
 IMPLEMENTATION
END.
----------

to be compiled with "fpc -So bug". Using linux or syscall does the same
so it is connected to -So flag. I tried 2.0.0 and there this bug is not
present. When compiling it with no options (like "fpc bug") it is
compiled OK. When the RTL unit is used in interface section or a program
is compiled it seems to be OK as well (see unit ok).

Should I add this bug to bugtracker? What are the chances this to be
fixed in 2.0.4 if it isn't already?

Have a nice day,
--
Konstantin Münning