[fpc-devel] PR advancement

Ales Katona ales at chello.sk
Wed Nov 23 19:34:28 CET 2005

I think the simplest and perhaps most important change to get better PR
for both Lazarus and FPC is the web page. It needs to be more "wow"
style. News have to be a bit propagandistic. A FAQ is IMHO required with
first questions like:

1. Is Free Pascal/Lazarus really free?
2. Can I use Free Pascal/Lazarus for commercial development?
3. Are there any real world applications made with Free Pascal/Lazarus?
4. Why should I use Free Pascal/Lazarus?
5. Isn't Free Software equal to crappy software?
etc.

In other words, FAQ for managers. I'm not saying you should scrap the
old one. Just put the technical questions a bit lower.

I can write a few FAQ entries in plain text but I can't make a dynamic
webpage(perhaps CGI? :) )

Ales