[fpc-devel] Hint: Parameter "sender" not used

Uberto Barbini uberto at ubiland.net
Mon Mar 21 08:58:31 CET 2005

> But what do you mean with published methods? The published section is
> intended only for properties, which should be published in the object
> inspector. I guess you mean event methods. Beside event methods,
> callback functions and virtual methods could be affected too.

Yes, it means anything only in static private/protected methods and in pure
functions/procedures.
Completely removing it (optionally) could be a good solution too, Delphi
hasn't and I never missed it.

> My main problem, if I hide the hint by using
>
> {$HINTS OFF}
> {$HINTS ON}
>
> I remove all useful hints as well.

Yes! Exactly my point. But now the useful hints are sunk into tons of
completely useless ones.

Bye
Uberto