[fpc-devel] Hint: Parameter "sender" not used

Peter J. Haas fpc.ml at pjh2.de
Sun Mar 20 19:32:20 CET 2005

Hi Uberto,

on 2005-03-11T18:35:45+01:00 Uberto wrote:
> This is not a big issue, anyway could we avoid the endless list of such
> similar hints compiling Lazarus and our program?

> Don't make me wrong, I apreciate the hints of the compiler.
> 9 times out of 10 if I don't use a parameter in a function or a method there
> it is an error of mine.
> But in published methods the parameter list is mandatory, so it doesn't make
> sense to "hint" them.
> Moreover they hide real hints.

I agree.

I have (unsuccessful) try to post a similar mail in the fpc pascal
list.

But what do you mean with published methods? The published section is
intended only for properties, which should be published in the object
inspector. I guess you mean event methods. Beside event methods,
callback functions and virtual methods could be affected too.

My main problem, if I hide the hint by using

{$HINTS OFF}
{$HINTS ON}

I remove all useful hints as well.

wkr Peter.