[fpc-devel] Extend the libraries people!

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich at compuserve.de
Sat Jun 11 14:55:42 CEST 2005

L505 wrote:
> But compiled with delphi compiler, or freepascal? I wonder if they have a
> specific restriction where you can only compile the code on their compilers...
> Not that I know of but.. I thought maybe you guys had come across something like
> that

The System.pas unit is special. In older Delphi version it cannot be
compiled at all, in newer versions I never tested it. The problem here
are syntax errors, the implied type declarations for the standard types,
and possibly the multiple use of System.pas, which is implicitly used by
every unit. No intentional or expressed limitation to use an Delphi
compiler, only sloppyness ;-)

DoDi