[fpc-devel] BUG: gtk2 unit and GtkFileChooserDialog

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Thu Jun 9 10:28:31 CEST 2005

>> > 2)Although it is declared in gtkfilechooserdialog.inc the
>> > PGtkFileChooserDialog symbol doesn't seem to be usable (i.e. the
>> compiler
>> > doesn't find it at compile time, and yes, I've included the right
>> "uses"
>> > statements).
>>
>> GTK 2.2 is supported. gtkfilechooserdialog is only included if the unit
>> is
>> recompiled with GTK 2.4 support
>
> Yes, I found the $define  directive about 5 minutes ago (for those that
> don't
> know it is in yoursrcdir/packages/extra/gtk2/gtk+/gtk/gtk2.pas and can
> have
> the following values: GTK2_2, GTK2_4, GTK2_6, you have to set it in the
> source ;-)), but I've searched for it for almost 1 hour O_O, this thing
> should be more visible, for example what about putting it in something
> like a
> configuration file or even better finding a way to make it choose the
> libgtk2
> version dinamically at unit-compile-time accordingly to what is available
> on
> the system?

That is not possible. The gtk2 unit is already delivered precompiled with
a release. So it can't detect the gtk version installed at your machine.

The only possible solution i see is to add multiple units gtk2_2, gtk2_4
and gtk2_6 that provide the functions for each gtk release. But that needs
to be decided with the original gtk2 for pascal maintainers.