[fpc-devel] OS/2 install program

Arnstein Prytz arnstein.prytz at jcu.edu.au
Tue Jan 4 23:56:36 CET 2005

Thank you for the latest FreePascal update for OS/2.  Unfortunately, I am
unable to run the install.exe program which comes with the os2196.zip
distribution.  It seems that the IDE-type window comes up but the program
terminates immediately.  This happens too fast for me to be sure what
comes up.  There are no error messages written to the screen, as it is
cleared when the program terminates.  Further, there are no entries in
popuplog.os2 on the boot drive.

I have tried to run this from a DOS box, using rsx, but get the following
error message (which might not be related):

$ install.exe
process 2 get hardware fault 5 (bound check) at 1D
writing core file

Process terminated by SIGILL

Regards, Arnstein.
Arnstein Prytz				           Arnstein.Prytz at jcu.edu.au
School of Maths and Physics			          ph:  61-7-47815183
James Cook University                    	          fax: 61-7-47815880
Townsville, Queensland 4811, Australia