[fpc-devel] Benchmark for FreePascal

darekM darekm at emadar.com
Wed Dec 14 12:52:48 CET 2005

Marco van de Voort napisaƂ(a):

>Since the maillists are a bit irregular, I want to repeat the point that
>the relative slowliness of the revcomp benchmark is the repeated realloc,
>not the reading of the textfile (though a small settextbuf might improve it
>a bit).

Its not true. Realloc is invoked only few times. Most of times consume
readln. You may try remove all lines from revcom except readln, and then
see, that time of computation has near 80% of prev. From the second
side, i remove only readln (pass only const string) and revcom speed has
4 times faster.

Darek
.