[fpc-devel] Benchmark for FreePascal

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Wed Dec 14 12:09:53 CET 2005

> > But why do you read char by Char? Why not
> >
> > read(f, line);
> > result := result + line;

> In my next post I will send you some links to the archives which discussed some of
> this if I can find them.

http://www.mail-archive.com/fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org/msg04686.html

After trying Vincent's suggestion I did not see noticeable improvement. On the large
MB file I tried, my computer locks up doing string concentration. Actually, it
doesn't lock up.. it just takes several hours to complete.

Lars

p.s. sorry DarekM if I'm stealing your post. But maybe some of this is related to the
benchmarks if there is any concatenation in any of the benchmarks