[fpc-devel] Benchmark for FreePascal

darekM darekm at emadar.com
Sun Dec 11 12:49:28 CET 2005

Daniël Mantione napisał(a):

>Op Sat, 10 Dec 2005, schreef darekM:
>

>>Hi
>>I've tested some of benchmark on
>>http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/
>>
>>I've see that reverse-complement benchmark
>><http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=revcomp&lang=all> for
>>FPC is very slow. I discover, that problem is with readln, that function
>>consume about 90% of time. Because I use it in my program, I implemented new
>>version of reading files. My propositions is add tTextStream to unit Classes
>>
>>using is very similar
>>
>>while not eof do
>>begin
>> readln(s);
>>end;
>>

>The Shootout benchmarks should preferably be implemented without unit
>classes to achieve the best memory usage results.

For me more important is speed, in real program we always use other units

> Your code is welcome
>though to add to unit classes, allthough I currently can't because it uses
>assembler code withotu Pascal alternative, i.e. it would make the classes
>unit unavailable on the other processors FPC supports.

I know, in code are three funcion: findendLine, findEndLine2,
findEndLine3 - there are propositions, please help me to make propers
compilers conditions.

Maybe strlBuf (rename to scanbuf ?) should be moved to system unit?

>Can you do the same to improve readln?

readln is more complicated, is compiler function, is so small buffer
(only 128 bytes) and reads char by char.
I havent any idea to do this.

Darek