[fpc-devel] make install/make zipinstall .svn problem (windows)

DSTRODT at aol.com DSTRODT at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 15:37:52 CEST 2005

From:  marcov at stack.nl (Marco van de Voort)

>> When I try to run make  install or make zipinstall from my fpc svn
repository >>directory, I get  the errors copied&pasted below. It seems somehow the
.svn dirs  >>were copied, and this causes porblems later on with the readonly
files  that are >>in the .svn directory. (The permission denied error seems to
be caused by >>the mentioned files being readonly.)

>> I'm running Win XP and the fpc that is in the PATH is  2.0.0.
>>
>> Is it possible to fix the makefiles somehow to  circumvent this problem?

>This is a known problem, and considered a  non-fix because Peter is working
>on a replacement system for the  makefile system.  I workaround it by always
>SVN exporting before  building.

>I haven't tried, but a global "attrib -r /s" in the  source dir before
>installing might help  also.

The attrib approach does work, although this sort of defeats the
purpose/intent of the svn design. I do have a patch which fixes this in the  current
makefile system. I have not pursued offering it since I knew the entire  process
was being revised. I would be happy to provide it. In  and of  itself, it is
not particularly large although it does require that all makefiles  be
re-generated. If you would like it, please contact me off-list to discuss how  you
would like me to package it.

Dave