[fpc-devel] make install/make zipinstall .svn problem (windows)

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Aug 24 13:29:50 CEST 2005

> Marco van de Voort wrote:
> > This is a known problem, and considered a non-fix because Peter is working
> > on a replacement system for the makefile system.  I workaround it by always
> > SVN exporting before building.
>
> That is a good plan, to svn export it first. For now, I downloaded a
> snapshot from ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v21/i386-win32/.

It is a workaround, since it is an extra copying step. slow, and diskspace
using.

> What is the best way to generate a fpc.cfg configuration file? I keep
> several fpc versions in paths like C:\fpc\2.0.0, C:\fpc\2.0.1 and
> C:\fpc\2.1.1.

See buildfaq, but in short $FPCVERSION expands to the version $FPCTARGET to
the target (e.g. i386-freebsd or powerpc-darwin)

> > I haven't tried, but a global "attrib -r /s" in the source dir before
> > installing might help also.
>
> I guess that works too, but I don't know whether svn likes that :)

Yes.

P.s.

Another problem that happens is a defect cp or install binary that refuses
to copy binaries over files that already exists. Recent GNU bins suddenly
behave as such.

Workaround: install to empty dir, copy contents over used dir.

Note that installing/coping over an old dir can lead to confusing errors,
specially when units have been renamed (as in the case with rtlconst). Better
to erase the units/ dir first beforecopying the new one in.