[fpc-devel] WTF? Type checking dependent on compilation mode!?

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Tue Apr 26 16:47:16 CEST 2005

I usually don't say anything, but I wanted to throw my opinion on this
as well.  This is important to me as someone who likes Pascal as a
learning tool (teaching tool), and as a language which adheres to
certain ideals.  I use FPC in standard mode--is it still going to let me
mix types like that?  If so, I'd like to see the type checking to be
stronger too.  I think it's ok to allow switches to turn this off, but
FP should be Pascal by default.

Angelo