[fpc-devel] PPC64 port

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Tue Apr 19 17:20:16 CEST 2005

Thomas Schatzl wrote:

> Finally I've got some more general question on the challenge:
>
> What does "must be optimized for 64-bit platforms" in the challenge
> details mean?

Usage of 64 bit address space.

> In the same sense I'd like to ask if you could specify some sort of
> minimum requirements for the port in a little more detail?
> (E.g. must cycle using the makefiles, must integrate into fpc distro,
> must compile + run IDE, must successfully run x tests, etc..., whatever)

I think it depends if other people are working on it as well.

I would consider the following levels of porting:
- good test results (20-30 failures is a good results for non i386)
- make cycle
- makepack.sh
- run the ide
- run lazarus

Of course, another thing is how good the quality of the implementation is i.e.
how good does it integrate into the existing compiler and powerpc sources.