[fpc-devel]Build fails on system without fpcmake on path.

Vincent Snijders VSDS at RND.VB.CBS.NL
Mon May 17 10:17:21 CEST 2004

Hi,

Since a few weeks building a new fpc snapshot with only a release
compiler fails on (win32) systems, when fpcmake is not on the path.

The old make files used to test whether $(FPCMAKE) is filled, before
making the Package.fpc file. If there was no fpcmake, $(FPCMAKE) was
empty and no Package.fpc was created. (I think that I don't need
Package.fpc in my snapshot). Why would I need a Package.fpc, when I
install the rtl in a directory?

The current make files have some error detection and set FPCMAKE to
__missing_command__ and then run $(FPCMAKE) -p -Twin32 Makefile.fpc,
which fails.

Is fpcmake really required for building a snapshot? If so, why doesn't
it use a compiled snapshot one in fpc/utils/fpcm ?

If it a Package.fpc is not absolutely needed, I think it would be better
to restore the old situation and not create Package.fpc files if fpcmake
is not available.

Regards,
Vincent.

This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft
Exchange.