[fpc-devel]More units for MacOS X port?

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.ugent.be
Mon Jan 26 11:45:39 CET 2004

On 26 jan 2004, at 11:40, Karl-Michael Schindler wrote:

> With the MacOS X port available, i played (maybe fooled) around in
> order to port some of the basic units, such as termio crt video
> keyboard serial.
> I managed to get it compiling by transferring missing definitions of
> constants and types from netbsd of freebsd versions to termio*.inc
> files or simply copying missing files from the *bsd folders to the
> darwin folder. Now to my questions:
>
> Is this actually a sound way to proceed? The problem for me is that I
> do not know the detailed meaning of all the stuff and therefore, I do
> not have a real clue, whether this is appropriate at all?

In general, yes (because the unix side of Mac OS X comes from *BSD).
It's best to double-check with original C-header files from which the
include files were derived to see whether it's correct, though
(/usr/include/termios.h, /usr/include/sys/termios.h)

> After successful compilation, how can I test the units?

Because crt can't be tested automatically (you can make a program that
tests whether everything is written in the right place on the screen),
you have to do "manual" verifications: try some programs that use these
units and check whether the output is correct.

> Finally, if this is ok and of any value for the project, how would I
> submit the files?

Send them to me, and I'll commit them.

Thanks!

Jonas