[fpc-devel]Problems with Linux signal calls.

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Jan 6 15:45:31 CET 2004

> I found a bug in Linux signal handling which effects both the 1.0.10 and
> 1.9.0 versions of FreePascal.  The SigSet type is too small.  This results
> in some signal calls overwriting other memory locations.

This is actually more a problem of linux. Or better of the combination
of glibc and linux. Kernel and libc structures don't match like on e.g.
BSD.

Keep in mind that baseunix exports the _kernel_ sigset_t, while you pass
it to _glibc_.

All the declared functions are available in baseunix, so there is no reason
for this anyway.

There is a way to recompile FPC to be based on libc instead of the kernel,
but that is only a week old.

To get an idea, read also http://www.stack.nl~/marcov/unixrtl.pdf