[fpc-devel]Questions about building an IDE/RAD System

Jeremy Darling jdarling_kc at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 2 14:59:40 CET 2004

The current IDE is designed with my current job in mind.  It only supports
what it has to support :) as some of the languages require custom crap to be
added in (IE: We use 2 versions of C here, an old Dos Based MS version and
BC++ last dos based version).  So these 2 don't have visual components, when
you open/create a projcet it hides the visual designer.

The Jedi VCL could be ported under its license pretty easily, it even has a
nice replacement for the RTTI library (JediRTTI.pas) that does things like
replace the AS and IS operators under the hood.  It's components (while
deriving from Delphi's) are not tightly coded to Delphi's libraries.

In the end I hope that Lazarus will do it and I wouldn't have to take this
any further.