[fpc-devel]ipv6 resolving

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.com
Sun Nov 23 18:53:43 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 11:34, Johannes Berg wrote:
> Also, netdb needs cleaning up, I'll do that soon and send another patch
> then. I also forgot to add CNAME records to the ipv4 functions (which
> will be just a code copy).

Done most of that, but generally the code in netdb is not very
error-checking, so I added a warning. Attached is a new patch that also
adds ResolveAddress6 to find name(s) for a given address.
I also made the ntoh* and hton* function parameters constant and fixed
up all code where they were used, the code was generally very confused
as to what should happen with the argument, some code assumed the
argument would be changed and some assumed it would only return the
flipped value.
I haven't had a chance to test any of the ipv6 stuff on a big-endian
machine so I'd be very interested in hearing from someone who actually
uses ipv6 on a big-endian machine, I would expect some problems.

johannes
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/
GnuPG key: http://www.sipsolutions.de/keys/JohannesBerg.asc