[fpc-devel]1.1 Development compiler supports multithreading

Olivier Coursiere olivier.coursiere at laposte.net
Fri Nov 8 23:21:26 CET 2002

>For the ppl that want to start with multithreading development. It is
now
>possible under Linux and Win32. The RTL is threadsafe and has the
required
>knowledge to support multithreading.
>
>For including the multithreaded capability in your program you need to
>include {$threading on} compiler switch in your program. This will
include
>the SysThrds unit that provides the (callback) routines to make the
RTL
>threadsafe.
>
>Peter

I think it is also a good news for the BeOS version since plateform-
independant sources are now threadsafe (i suppose).

Threadsafe is important for us (befpc team) in the futur : BeOS GUI are
multi-threaded, even the smallest ones.

I have a question : Is someone has tried to compile the 1.1 version on
BeOS ?

We are trying to compile the 1.1 version.  But, it seems that the BeOS
specific1.06 units are more complete than the 1.1 ones. Are we right ?