[fpc-devel]Re: Latest status

Stefan Ziegenbalg stefan.ziegenbalg at mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Thu Nov 29 00:30:20 CET 2001

Hi,

> Theoretically yes, but is it possible to access the intel back end? I.e. is
> the interface documented?

Some weeks ago I read an article in a magazine (I think it was iX
magazine) about the Intel compiler (there was also another article in
the c't) There stand that the backend is a separate program (and I think
the C++ frontend is from an other party than intel). I have no
information about a public document about the backend interface. But in
my opinion Intel would be stupid if they don't give this information to
compiler developers.

Give me an fax number, if your are interested in this articles.

I downloaded the Fortran package today. But I have not installed it yet.
(It requires a newer rpm version - such a rubbish - than I have. And I
don't feel like installing a new rpm because I have no time at the
moment).

As far I know the Inprise C++ 5.0 compiler is compatible for the intel
backend. So the Inprise C++ packages contain two backend, the Inprise
backend and the Intel backend.  (The intel backends compile very slow,
but they produce the best code)

Regards
Stefan

mailto:stefan.ziegenbalg at mailbox.tu-dresden.de