[fpc-devel]Incorrect warning msg using 'not' and 'DWord' (FPC 1.0.4)

Jonas jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Wed Mar 21 14:20:12 CET 2001

On Wednesday, March 21, 2001, at 02:10 PM, Marcel van der Heide wrote:

> Thanks a lot.
> I was wondering if constants are always longints. You've answered that now
> too.
> There remains one problem. If I specify the type of a constant like this:
> const
>   cTest1: DWord = $03;
> it becomes a typed constant, and is treated like a initialized variable, so
> one can not use it in a case like the following construction anymore.
> case x of
>   cTest1: ...
> end

You can use

Const
  cTest1 = DWord($03);

However, I think support for this was only introduced after 1.0.4. It is accepted in previous versions, but the type cast is ignored. I found out that for some reason even in the current version it still gives a warning when using this, but I'm debugging that right now.

Jonas