[fpc-devel]`make install` builds 1.0.4-RELEASE?

Roderick van Domburg gog at gamepoint.net
Tue Jan 9 14:51:21 CET 2001

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> - Only 4.x is tested. 3.x worked before signalhandling introducing, but I
> can't test that version anymore. Probably only the syscalls for
> signalhandling are slightly different.
> - I'm still not 100% sure about readdir.
> - The IDE only works over telnet.
> - alarm and time don't work yet. nanosleep does.
> - Really a lot is untested in general.
>
> If you use the FreeBSD port, do a CVS checkout, and try to build 1.0.5.
>
> It contains header translations of console.h and mouse.h, which needs a
> small patch to packrecords which is post 1.0.4

Thanks for all the quick answers. I'll be sure to keep you updated on all
my FreeBSD-related findings, it will be my main platform for development.

The solution offered on this mailing list also solved my `make
install` problem, thanks a lot. A single curiosity is that it install the
new compiler in [pptest]/lib/(etc.) and places a copy of the old one in
[pptest]/bin. Or is that the default behavior, allowing you to run both
the release and stable versions in parallel?