[fpc-devel]Re [2]: Some more compiler problems

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Mon Apr 2 16:55:54 CEST 2001

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Aleksey V. Vaneev wrote:

> Seems to be it was in earlier versions too... But anyways I cannot see
> what I'm doing wrong (this bug appeared some days ago when I've did
> several changes to programs I compile). Btw, what's the algo of finding
> the most main unit that must be initialized first? Maybe there are some
> logic problems?

The order of unit initialization is simply the order in which they are
declared in your program. If you use a unit X within another unit Y, that
that unit X will be initialized before unit Y. All units will be
initialized only once.

> At least compiler could give an error if it cannot decide which unit
> to initialize first...

This never happens, since the order is simply read from the source. If you
compile your program with -a, you can see the order in which the units are
initialized by looking at the generated .s file for the main program and
by then searching for "INITFINALTABLE".

Jonas