[fpc-announce]Free Pascal Contributed units modified entry. (u_mpi)

contribs at freepascal.org contribs at freepascal.org
Sat May 1 23:58:17 CEST 2004

The following entry in the Free Pascal contributed units was modified:

Name         : u_mpi
Author       : Matthew T. Pratola
Email        : mp00aa at sandcastle.cosc.brocku.ca
Homepage     : http://lie.math.brocku.ca/twolf/htdocs/MPI
FTP site     : ftp://
Version      : 0.2
Date         : 2004-05-01
Category     : Miscellaneous
Supported OS : Linux
Description  :
This is a reasonably feature-complete re-write of the MPICH C header files as a FreePascal
unit.  Not everything is supported, for instance profiling calls have not been written in,
nor the MPE stuff.  However, this file gives most of the general functionality many users
will need if they wish to use MPI in a pascal program, as I could not find this functionality
at all when searching the net in early summer 2002.
Update (v0.2): Added more functionality in, namely non-blocking calls.

Feel free to contact me with questions, corrections, additions, etc.

Matthew Pratola
mp00aa at sandcastle.cosc.brocku.ca (n/a after may/2003)
or mpratola at hotmail.com
2002.