[fpc-pascal] howto find alternatives for deprecated fucntions?

Wed Sep 16 17:16:12 CEST 2015

On 2015-09-16 15:50, Klaus Hartnegg wrote:
> if the docs and the compiler say that a function is deprecated, how can
> I find out which other function should be used instead?

I suggest you report those as a bug in FPC, and a bug in the Documentation.

The Object Pascal language supports the syntax that allows a short
message to guide the developer to the replacement or alternative:

   <deprecated ['some message'];>

That message will also appear in the compiler output.

For example:

    procedure   UpdateWindowPosition; deprecated 'use UpdatePosition';

The fpdoc documentation tool also supports the ability to correctly
document deprecated methods, classes etc.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/