[fpc-pascal] howto find alternatives for deprecated fucntions?

Klaus Hartnegg hartnegg at gmx.de
Wed Sep 16 16:50:51 CEST 2015

Hi,

if the docs and the compiler say that a function is deprecated, how can
I find out which other function should be used instead?

Example: www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/sockets/accept.html says that
accept is deprecated. Whould I switch to fpaccept eventhough that can do
a lot less?  I hope that Sock2Text works there as well.

In an ideal world every occurance of the word deprecated in the docs
would be accompanied by the info which is the alternative.

Btw. the docs for fpaccept contains an example for accept, not for fpaccept.

thanks,
Klaus