[fpc-pascal] FPC 3.0.0-rc1 release

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Sep 5 13:55:18 CEST 2015

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> The good news is that after successful tests on x86 and x86-64 Linux
> (Debian Jessie), yesterday evening I was able to compile and run Lazarus
> 1.4 using FPC 3.0.1 on a SPARC running OpenSXCE (very approximately,
> Solaris 11).

Also OK on PPC Mac running Linux.

> The bad news is that when I try to do the same natively on a Raspberry
> Pi running 2014-era Raspbian, it consistently fails with

This is the perennial out-of-memory problem, it can be fixed by making
sure there's at least 512 Mb swap. However the twist is that Raspbian
reverts to what it thinks is a reasonable swapfile size at each boot,
it's necessary to edit /sbin/dphys-swapfile to override this.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk