[fpc-pascal] FPC 3.0.0-rc1 release

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Sep 2 21:22:29 CEST 2015

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Anyway, even with that older Rasbian release FPC 3.0.1 is now making a
> valiant attempt to compile Lazarus. Whichever way that goes I'll discuss
> it in the Lazarus mailing list.

Just in case this is something that anybody thinks is worth discussing:

The good news is that after successful tests on x86 and x86-64 Linux
(Debian Jessie), yesterday evening I was able to compile and run Lazarus
1.4 using FPC 3.0.1 on a SPARC running OpenSXCE (very approximately,
Solaris 11).

The bad news is that when I try to do the same natively on a Raspberry
Pi running 2014-era Raspbian, it consistently fails with

(3104) Compiling etsrceditmarks.pas
/usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk/ide/etsrceditmarks.pas(177,27) Hint:
(5024) Parameter "Data" not used
/usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk/ide/etsrceditmarks.pas(204,26) Hint:
(5024) Parameter "Sender" not used
/usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk/ide/etsrceditmarks.pas(205,34) Hint:
(5024) Parameter "aText" not used
(9009) Assembling etsrceditmarks
etsrceditmarks.pas(1184) Error: (9008) Can't call the assembler, error
-1 switching to external assembling
etsrceditmarks.pas(1184) Fatal: (10026) There were 2 errors compiling
module, stopping
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
make[2]: *** [lazbuild] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk/ide'

I mention this here rather than in the Lazarus ML because of the
successful tests on other platforms. The failure is the same on both
Lazarus 1.4 and lazarus-trunk, which suggests that it's not something
gross like an out-of-RAM condition. For various reasons I'm making very
heavy going of upgrading to a more recent Raspbian (e.g. 2015-05-05) and
I think it would be useful for somebody with a current version to check
this combination, alternatively if somebody could tell me what options
etc. to use to get more detailed failure info...

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk