[fpc-pascal] *SPAM* Re: *SPAM* Re: Windows IOT Core

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 20 17:39:41 CEST 2015

Am 20.08.2015 16:21 schrieb "Michael Schnell" <mschnell at lumino.de>:

> On 08/20/2015 02:31 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
>>

>> Microsoft will probably only allow the usage of Apps (in contrast to
normal Win32 programs) there. Thus of course it requires the RT API.

> I am happy to report that you are wrong :-)
>
> A colleague of mine already since a few days does have the Intel IOT Core
DevKit including the "MinnowBoard Max" and he runs Delphi programs on same.
And he is really happy with the performance of the Device.

> So fpc programs compiled for Windows should run out of the box.

In that case FPC should work as well of course.
Might be worthwhile to test the ARM variant again, because if that allows
normal C/C++ applications as well, then we could at least add a arm-win32
target for that (I've seen that mingw-w64 provides arm-binutils so that
problem could be solved as well).

Regards,
Sven