[fpc-pascal] fpc required to dynamic load VS DLL ?

Fred van Stappen fiens at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 19 15:12:46 CEST 2013

Hello.

I use a external C library (call parent-lib). That library uses a other external library (call child-lib).

To compile a DLL using a external DLL with Microsoft Visual Studio, you need the lib file of the child-lib.

If you want to dynamically load those libraries, you need to use "loadlibrary" and so you can choose the folder of your library.

Sadly, the child-lib cannot dynamically be loaded with Visual Studio.
You need to place the child-lib in the same folder that the parent-lib and if you load the parent-lib, it load the child-lib...(same for unload).

Now, if i use fpc, translate the C header and use DynLibs.LoadLibrary for both libraries... it works, i can load both parent and child libraries, even if they are not in the same folder (and of course access all the functions)...
I can also load only the parent-lib or child-lib or both. (even for unload)

So the question is : Is fpc required to dynamic load C DLL ?  ;-)