[fpc-pascal] can the output object filename be specified on the command line?

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Dec 3 23:14:08 CET 2009

On 03 Dec 2009, at 22:59, Bruce Bauman wrote:

> If I am compiling a file bar.pas, but I want the resulting .o filename
> to be something different, is there a way to do this?

No, there is not. The unit searching logic in the compiler requires the .ppu files and .o files to be named the same, and .ppu files are named the same as the units they were compiled from (so the compiler can find them when you use a unit).

Jonas

PS: please do not reply to existing messages when starting a new thread, but create a new message instead. Replying messes up threading in the web archive and in many mail clients.