[fpc-pascal] can the output object filename be specified on the command line?

Bruce Bauman bruce.bauman at andesaservices.com
Thu Dec 3 22:59:07 CET 2009

If I am compiling a file bar.pas, but I want the resulting .o filename
to be something different, is there a way to do this?

For example, I want the object filename to be foo__bar.o, but the source
file is just bar.pas.

Right now we can get this to work by creating a symlink from
foo__bar.pas to bar.pas, running the compiler, then deleting the
symlink, but it seems like there should be a better way.

Thanks.

-- Bruce

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If
you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail
in error, please delete it from your computer and contact the sender.