[fpc-devel] [Suggestion] Enumeration range-check intrinsic

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Tue Jul 2 19:53:00 CEST 2019

I don't recall a conversation where such an intrinsic is seen as
desirable, but if such a construct is desirable, then that's a good
thing since it will help patch up this problem.

As for the Delphi problem, it's second-hand information I heard from a
friend who uses Delphi at work and something about not handling
out-of-range enumerations was a deal-breaker from not using FPC.  I may
have some details wrong though.  But all that side, would development of
an intrinsic be an acceptable solution, and what name are we going for?
(One has to be careful we don't break existing code if possible)

Gareth aka. Kit

---