[fpc-devel] Attn. Generics.Collections and rev. 39345 and speed slowdown

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 09:51:05 CEST 2018

> As noted in the bugreport, your own examples did not compile with your
> supplied code.
> Next time, please test that too.

The most important was to finish new collections, deep refactoring and
proper tests suite than testing all examples. Library was totally
refactored and something like that may happens.

> It is definitely better to have a slower default that works always than a
> faster one that does not let all code compile.

No. You are wrong. The more important is test suite than minor example
somewhere (which can be easily fixed). For sure faster library with proper
test suite is more important than a little outdated example (!sic).

> But not problem, please advise on the changes needed to a) fix the
> mentioned example so it actually compiles.
> b) Speed up the default hash.
>
> I (or someone else) will be happy to change it.

Ok, but in the future you should ask for such important changes.

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak