[fpc-devel] aarch64-linux: PATCH: add aarch64-linux to compiler/

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri May 22 11:19:54 CEST 2015

On 20/05/15 22:47, Edmund Grimley Evans wrote:
> Jonas:
>
>> I have a small question about that change:
>>
>>> +{$ifdef AArch64}
>>> +{$define LINKERSCRIPT_INCLUDED}
>>> +      if isdll or (sysrootpath='') then begin
>>
>> Why do you always do this when creating a library?
>
> I was trying to identify the cases in which "-T" is not used, but I
> may have the logic wrong. Is DllCmd, without -"-T", not used to create
> a library?

You're right, although it's probably a bug that the compiler doesn't
specify -T when cross-compiling a library. That's unrelated to your
patch though.

> It would be clearer to have a boolean variable called linker_opt_t
> controlling both things, but I'm not sure where to put it.

Or ignore_default_linkerscript, yes. That can be tackled later, I'll
commit you patch as is (with one minor change: the default debug format
for AArch64 should be DWARF rather than Stabs (Stabs doesn't work well
with 64 bit targets).

Jonas