[fpc-devel] fpc does not recompile units, even used units have changed.

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu May 21 16:46:40 CEST 2015

So far I only was able to reproduce this with the attached
(experimental) unit, that has many and nested generics and inlines.

Update to the latest Lazarus trunc.
Replace components\lazutils\lazlistclasses.pas with attached unit
open components\lazutils\test\TestLazStorageMem.lpr

Force clean builds of the package and project

Running the test TestMemRound (ignore that it fails) will output the
debugln from line 833 in LazListClasses

No comment the debugln on line 833 in LazListClasses.
   function TLazRoundBufferListMemBase.GetItemPointer(Index: Integer):
TPItemT;
   //debugln(['TLazRoundBufferListMemBase.GetItemPointer ']);

If I recompile I can see that LazListClasses is recompiled (hints are
produced for the unit)
But TestLazStorageMemCase1 is not recompiled, and the debugln still in
place.