[fpc-devel] FPC 3.0.0-rc1 release

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Thu Aug 27 16:25:34 CEST 2015

On Thu, August 27, 2015 15:03, Frank Grotelueschen wrote:
> At 10:42 26.08.2015, Florian Klaempfl wrote:
>>Am 26.08.2015 um 08:45 schrieb Marco van de Voort:
> ..
>> > Yup, and remove w2k and NT(4) too. While they might work, they
>> are no longer
>> > formally supported and tested afaik.
>>
>>Question is: if the first is the target system and the latter the host
>>system?
>
> Please don't stop support for W2K. It was the first 'full useable' Windows
> based on NT-Kernel and is still used today.

I don't think that the Win32 target maintainers would want to break
working under W2K on purpose, but it's difficult to guarantee support for
such a version if it isn't used and tested by the respective FPC
developers regularly. On the other hand, anyone interested in support for
such a version may decide to keep testing the trunk version and report any
possible issues as soon as they arise, so that possible options for
resolution may be discussed.

Tomas