[fpc-devel] The mysterious case of the double TOC

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Sep 23 15:57:41 CEST 2014

In our previous episode, Reinier Olislagers said:
> Did some digging related to Lazarus bug
> F1 (context sensitive help) gives chooser with duplicate entries
>
> Marco suggested a possible cause for the error:
> "there is only one article but two entries in the CHM index/toc"
>
> Had a look at a TOC from a lazdoc-generated LCL.CHM and yes:
> <param name="Name" value="Classes and Objects, by Unit">, line 11
> then value="TForm" on line 1336
> <param name="Name" value="Alphabetical Classes and Objects List">, line 3825
> then value="TForm" on line 52547

Double entry in the TOC seems logical. TOC is like a home page for the html,
not meant as searchable index. The bugreport I mentioned it because the TOC
might be processed and added to Index or fulltextsearch, thus poluting it.

According to

http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,25913.msg158242/topicseen.html#new

lhelp utilizes fulltextsearch. Still I don't get two entries there either using
MS' viewer.

But I think primarily basic search should use the index. (that is what the
textmode IDE does for context sensitive search).  I never worked on
fulltextsearch, I hardly know how it works.