[fpc-devel] Delphi language changes in iOS compiler

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu May 16 12:46:17 CEST 2013

Am 16.05.2013 12:32, schrieb Hans-Peter Diettrich:
> Michael Schnell schrieb:
>> While all this seems to turn out as a major mess, I would like to see
>> "$ZEROBASEDSTRINGS" in fpc, as well.
>
> In fact we should provide as many FPC/Lazarus versions *as* new Delphi
> versions introduce breaking changes. Some of the changes (from Ansi to
> Unicode, from VCL to FM, from one- to zero-based strings...) require
> different RTL/FCL/LCL versions, which cannot be covered in a single
> FPC/Lazarus version.
In fact FPC already supports zerobasedstrings and FireMonkey is just
another GUI framework like VCL, LCL, fpGUI and MSEgui. Additional
versions would mean additional maintainence burden and this is something
that we could not stem affordably with the current team size... (guess
why we only support the last release of FPC...)

Regards,
Sven