[fpc-devel] fpc 2.6.2 gives AV on arm

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Sat Aug 10 23:32:36 CEST 2013

Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> On 08/09/2013 07:07 PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>>
>> On 09 Aug 2013, at 18:46, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
>>
>>> Thing is that I'm trying to get fpc 2.6.2 working on the new
>>> arm-target of Fedora (armv7, hardware float, little endian).
>>
>> The EABI with hardfloat is not supported at all in 2.6.2.
>
> That's good to know. But in that case it should still work with
> soft-float, no?
Things will break if you try and link with C libraries but building the
compiler itself with softfloat options should work. If you want patches
for hardfloat with 2.6.2 you can find them at
https://code.google.com/p/bollin/source/browse/#svn%2Ffpc%2Ftrunk%2Fdebian%2Fpatches
the hardfloat releated patches are armhf.diff armhf-linker-path.diff
armhf-build-with-2.6.0.diff (only needed if bootstrapping with 2.6.0)
and regenerate_messages.diff

Once the patches are applied use -dFPC_ARMHF instead of -dFPC_ARMEL to
get a hardlfoat build.

What linker are you using? the gnu gold linker is known to break
freepascal.