[fpc-devel] fpc 2.6.2 gives AV on arm

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Aug 9 19:29:07 CEST 2013

On 08/09/2013 07:07 PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 09 Aug 2013, at 18:46, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
>
>> Thing is that I'm trying to get fpc 2.6.2 working on the new arm-target of Fedora (armv7, hardware float, little endian).
>
> The EABI with hardfloat is not supported at all in 2.6.2.

That's good to know. But in that case it should still work with
soft-float, no?

If I explicitly add -Cfsoft it gives the exact same result. This is what
I use to build the compiler:

make clean all CPU_TARGET=arm BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux-gnu-
CROSSOPT="-O- -CaEABI -gl -dFPC_ARMEL -Cfsoft"

I did not add armv7, because if I do that, the ppcarm executable crashes
immediately after startup.

Joost.